04/07/2010

Commentary 1/12/2007

It has become clear to me now that another reason that I started the diary was that for a while there was going to be no one I knew very well to talk to over the Christmas period which is why I noted that it was the end of the Oxford term. Otherwise I don't know what other importance there was in noting it down.

I have this obsession with being 'profound' at an early stage and hoping to find some poetry in a Café Nero. I think this is something to do with having just done English literature for A-Level and the over analysis of texts where you are forced to understand the deeper meaning in the use of a comma in a poem by T. S. Eliot. The result is that I come across as pretentious (referring to the rustling bag as 'the voice of a guilty conscience of modern society' made me cringe).

No comments:

Post a Comment